I wanted to include my own quotes on various topics on my websites and was looking for a quote service where I could set up my own collection of quotes and retrieve them by topic. I couldn't find such a service, so in 2006 I set up my own database with a query script. Now I have written this web application for managing the quotes in the database and launched it online on September 1, 2007.
The project is implemented with the web framework Ruby on Rails. The application is open-source software and is managed at https://github.com/muhme/quote.
If you found a bug or have a feature request, please open a GitHub ticket.
Many thanks to:
- Marc James, whose free SILK ICONS are used here
- Miguel who helps us with managing the quotes
Do you like the idea and want to get involved? We are looking for:
- Native speakers – to correct the machine translations
- Programmers – who want to further develop the web application
- Administrators – who review and approve new quotes, authors, and categories
- Screen designers – who want to give the website a cool look
- Testers – e.g. with Windows computer
- People – who want to participate in this project for fun
Please get in touch via Email.